Put an End to Hard Water Problems at Home with McPherson’s Most Advanced Water Softener Systems
Hard McPherson water even harder to deal with? Soften it for good with the most trusted water softening solutions in Kansas.
The entire McPherson area is served with water that comes from a large underground aquifer known as the Equus Beds. While this large aquifer provides a plentiful source of water for the city, it also means that water in and around McPherson tests moderate to high for water hardness.
While water quality and overall hardness can vary somewhat around the city, almost all residents will recognize some, or all, of the symptoms associated with hard water-causing minerals. Whether that’s hard-to-clean, chalky buildup on sinks, faucets, and fixtures, dried out skin, hair, or nails, or stiff, worn laundry.
McPherson Hard Water
Mineral build-up in pipes, plumbing, and appliances can be hard to see but can often cost residents in the form of frequent appliance servicing, maintenance, or replacement, rising utility bills, plumbing problems, and more.
Because groundwater minerals like calcium, magnesium, and iron are so common in McPherson, residents often report the water can take on a metallic taste, in addition to being hard on homes.
Culligan Water Softener Systems - Most Trusted in McPherson
Remove hard water minerals from your home’s water with an advanced water softening solution from Culligan. Whether you’re looking to enjoy softer water that’s easier on your hair, skin, nails, laundry, and more, or you’re committed to protecting your major appliances like washing machines and hot water heaters, our water softening technology solves the most problematic hard water problems in McPherson. With expertise in local water, and backed by decades of water softening knowledge, your McPherson Culligan will help you find the right water softener systems for your home and your budget.
We’ve worked in the water industry for almost 80 years, so we’ve seen the range of hard water problems at home, and we know how to solve them effectively and efficiently, the first time. It’s why our water softeners come with water testing to determine your home’s unique water needs, so you get a water softening solution that’s customized for your home and your specific water needs.
It’s this experience that’s contributed to our patented water softening technology that’s proven to remove problematic hard water minerals effectively — leaving you with softer, high quality water. This technology means you get water that not only tastes great, but protects you and your home’s plumbing, appliances, and more.
Water Softener Benefits
- Lower utility bills with softer, more efficient water.
- Extend major appliance life — from the dishwasher, water heater, washing machine, and more.
- Enjoy better-tasting water without mineral aftertaste or unpleasant odor.
- Improve the look and feel of hair, skin, and nails.
- Help laundry last longer, and look better, with soft water that’s gentler on fabrics.
- Use, and spend, less on personal care and cleaning products that go farther — and feel better — with softer water.
McPherson residents have trusted their water to Culligan for generations. We’ve worked all over the area learning the water needs, in order to provide targeted water softening solutions that are completely customizable for your home.
We’re committed to finding you the right water softener and ensuring that it works like new as long as you own it. From installation to servicing and more, we’re with you every step of the way.
- Free water testing and evaluation are always included.
- Culligan water softeners also come with professional installation, routine maintenance for maximum efficiency, and dedicated customer service to help you get the most out of your water softener, for life.
- We’re proud to offer one of the the most efficient water softeners on the market today, the Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener.
- We know water, and water softening technology, it’s why we hold more patents for water softening and treatment than any other water company.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Water Softener!
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Soap scum and stains are two of the most visible problems associate with hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Hard water will clog your pores, leaving your skin dry and itchy. Your hair can also become damaged and unmanageable due to hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Calcium and Magnesium in your water can cause your laundry to become stiff or hard. A Culligan Water Softener will not only make your water softer, but also reduce your detergent use. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Soap Scum/Lime Buildup
Soap scum and lime build up are the residues that you see left behind on faucets, in your tub and in your sinks. It’s caused by hard water and can be damaging to your pipes and fixtures. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Spots on Glass/Cloudy Glassware
Hard water will leave your glasses spotted and dirty looking even when they come straight out of the dishwasher. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
Total dissolved solids include a wide range of organic and inorganic compounds found in your water such as nitrates, chloride and phosphates. Culligan has a customized treatment solution based off of the TDSs found in your water, and can recommend the perfect solution for your home.
Your Water Softener
People around our area have trusted Culligan with their water softening needs for over 80 years. It’s a reflection of our dedication to water softening and the technology and expertise that drives it. After all, it’s not just a water softener, it’s the extensive background in local water and the focus on customer service that sets us apart.
- Culligan water softeners always include professional installation, routine maintenance for maximum efficiency, and helpful, informed local dealers to help you learn more about your water to find the right solution for your home.
- Culligan holds more patents for water softening technology than any other water company, one of them for the Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener — the most efficient water softener on the market today.
Water Softener Product Overview
Hard water can reduce the quality of water in your home and may also be driving up your water bills, cleaning costs and more. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Hard water can cause corrosive build of scale from mineral deposits in your pipes. Over time, your pipes can clog, water flow can diminish and water pressure will be reduced. Your local Culligan water expert offers a range of water softener products that fits your needs, wallet and for every size of household.
The Culligan® High-Efficiency Water Softener is the most efficient water softener in the market. You save more on water, salt, and electricity with patented smart technology that makes our high-efficiency water softeners up to 46% more efficient* than other softeners. Not only will you be saving your wallet by reducing water and electricity costs, but you will also be decreasing your home’s environmental footprint.
It is about more than energy efficiency - it's about intelligence. While using up to 50% less salt, the HE lets you know how many days remain until you need to refill it with salt. Our Aqua-Sensor® technology automatically detects changes in your water conditions and makes softening adjustments accordingly. You can even install an optional modem that will tell your Indio dealer directly if salt or service is needed.
Reduce trips to the basement as the Culligan® HE's remote display alerts you to any problems and gives you control over various functions, like activating the electronic bypass valve. And the Dial-a-Softness® control ensures that your water is always just the way you like it, never too soft or too hard.
*46% less than a time clock regeneration softener
Water Softener Product Specifications
Culligan’s proportional brining allows your softener to regenerate only that part of the resin bed that has been exhausted, reducing its salt usage.
- Automatic bypass valve provides the convenience of bypassing the water softener from the softener itself or the remote display.
- Patented Culligan Aqua-Sensor® technology automatically adjusts to changes in water conditions so the softener only regenerates when needed, saving you salt, water, and money.
- Our smart brine tank automatically monitors salt levels and tells you how many days of salt are remaining.
- Exclusive Culligan Soft-Minder® meter monitors daily water use and provides advanced system diagnostics.
- The easy-to-read backlit display with digital clock lets you know your softener is working and alerts you to any system malfunctions.
- Culligan’s Dial-a-Softness® Valve allows you to customize the “feel” of your water, so it never feels too soft or too hard.
Frequently Asked Questions about Culligan Water Softeners
1. Will my water teste salty?
No. A properly functioning water softener will never make your water taste salty. The small amount of sodium added to the water will never create a salty taste.
2. How do I know if I have hard water?
Hard water usually manifests itself in several ways. It leaves white residue behind wherever water evaporates. When hardness reacts with soaps and detergents, it leaves a sticky soap scum behind, and in hot water heating systems it leaves behind a hard scale.
3. How does a water softener work?
A water softener works through a process known as “ion exchange,” which means that as it removes calcium and magnesium (elements that make water “hard”), it replaces those ions on a one for one basis, usually with sodium. This means that the amount of sodium added to the water is directly proportional to how hard your water is. In most instances the amount being added is so small that it is not a significant contributor to the amount of sodium in your diet.
4. Will a water softener reverse the damage that has already been done to my appliances?
Yes, if your hard water has been building up scale in your appliances, once you install a softener it will begin to remove that built-up scale. It will take a long time to remove it, but it will remove it.
5. Will the softener remove all impurities from my water?
Unfortunately, no. A water softener is designed to remove hardness (calcium and magnesium) from water. They can sometimes remove a limited amount of iron and manganese if you happen to have these problems as well. But if you are looking for great water for drinking and cooking, you should probably consider a reverse osmosis system for that purpose.
6. Are there chemicals used or put into the water to soften the water?
Other than salt or potassium chloride, there are no other chemicals that a water softener uses. On the contrary, using a water softener reduces the amount of cleaning supplies and detergents that you need to put down the drain trying to keep your home and family clean. Using a water softener is very environmentally friendly.
7. How long after installation will I have soft water?
Once a softener is installed, it will begin to soften your water immediately, However, if you have a tank-type hot water heater, it may take a few days to use up that hard water, until you feel the full effects of soft water.
8. How often do I need to add salt?
Most good softeners today, recharge based on how many gallons of water you use, and how hard your water is to start with. However, most of our customers today are adding salt once or twice a year, on average.